EXT Ferro Fork for SurRon Lightbee X and Talaria Sting
PLEASE NOTE WHEN SELECTING YOUR EXT FERRO FORK:
Flat Crown: For 19" Front Wheel OR 21" Front Wheel with Zero Stack Headset
Drop Crown: For 21" Front Wheel
Specifically designed for the SurRon and Talaria, the new EXT Ferro Fork is the premium fork we've all been waiting for to get the best ride on the popular SurRon and Talaria.
The EXT Ferro is an Upside Down (USD) fork design with 36mm steel stanchions.
If you're looking for the best suspension for the SurRon Lightbee X and Talaria Sting, this EXT Ferro Fork paired with the EXT Arma Shock is the best combination on the market.
Please add a Warp 9 Boost Spacer if you have stock wheels or non-boost spacing wheels.
This item is required to adapt stock wheels or those with standard 110 spacing to the EXT Ferro Fork.
This item is mounted between the rotor disc and the hub in order to space the rotor to the correct location.
EXT Racing Shox is extremely proud to introduce the brand new FERRO USD 36,
an upside-down 36mm stanchions fork which it’s going to complete our E-MX
Hard heat-treated chrome moly steel stanchions (Superfinish surface treatment),
7000 series aluminum construction upper legs and a 205mm travel design
with a dedicated triple clamp, make the core of the new 36mm USD fork, developed for minimum friction and high stiffness.
Together with the popular ARMA MX, already known for its industry leading reliability and performance, you can now have access to the best upgrade suspensions package on the market, purposely built to boost the performance of your electric dirt-bike.
- 36mm hard chromed steel stanchions (heat treated 42CrMo4) with Superfinish surface treatment
- Dedicated design triple clamp uppers machined from 7000 series aluminum
- HS3 air spring system: featuring twin positive air system ¬+ 1 large negative self-balancing air chamber, providing an optimum level of support through the entire travel range.
- Chromed steel air spring shaft with Superfinish surface treatment
- High-flow 3-way adjustable cartridge with independent High/Low speed compression and rebound adjustments
- External air pressure release valve system on both legs to normalize pressure with ambient environment.
- Twin hexagonal floating axle, boost compatible∅20mm for maximum torsional rigidity at the axle assembly
- Air spring and cartridge radial guide system with bespoke aeronautical seals (minimizing dynamic friction during side loading events)
- Large piston design for best in class damping control and separate IFP/coil energized compression valve
- No cavitation and low hysteresis
- Self-hydraulic cartridge bleeding
- Dedicated Mobile Sliding DU guiding system with super-long static overlap (for maximum guidance and best torsional rigidity). (CGB Continuously Guided Bushing system to increase stiffness)
- 205 mm of travel and a shorter 44 mm offset for increased stability
- 200 mm post mount brake
- Approximate Weight 4500gr (10lbs)
The FERRO USD 36 fork uses the HS3 technology, the unique hybrid
air spring system, already been famous with the appreciated ERA V2.
Two separate positive air chambers work with one, high volume
self-equalizing negative air chamber; HS3 is focused on mid-stroke
support around the dynamic sag position while offering amazing
sensitivity and bottom-out protection
Dual Crown Structure:
The robust double crown design in 7075 aluminum ensures maximum stiffness. Crown design is compatible with stock fender designs.
We looked at everything that needed a low friction solution to improve smoothness and sensitivity. This process took us back to our 14 World Rally Championship wins, that make EXT the most succesful suspension manufacturer in WRC. Our new DU bushing material used in the new FERRO USD 36 fork are sized to a defined tolerances for each fork assembly and works in harmony with our dedicated EXT oil. This guarantees zero stiction and super low friction properties even when combined with high side loads.
The dedicated DU guiding system made with a specific superlong bushing overlap ensures the maximum guidance and the best torsional rigidity of the stanchions. (We’ve called it, CGB, Continuously Guided Bushing system which also helps to increase the
Wheel Axle: Twin hexagonal head floating wheel axle guarantees perfect wheel alignment, while assuring maximum torsional rigidity.
High Flow Damper Cartridge
The new FERRO USD 36 inherits the best technologies that made famous our well-known ERA V2 and it adopts an innovative radial floating shaft guide in the damper cartridge with a Superfinish surface treatment with new aeronautical seals, which takes the friction to the lowest possible level. EXT high-volume cartridge uses a high flow piston to generate control for your bike, an important performance upgrade for your riding. The large piston design allows the best damping control. The cartridge is also equipped with a bump valve design (HDRV – High Dynamic Response Valve) with 2 different shim stacks for mid and high speed and an Internal Floating Piston (IFP) guided and combined with a bespoke thrust bearing to enhance fast response and guidance. Our goal has always been to find a balance between all the internal cartridge pressures and through a long development process we made possible the optimization of the internal forces reaching low values of hysteresis and no cavitation.
Note 1: For the Sur Ron if you are not on the most current model a head tube reinforcement clamp is recommended. This item is standard equipment on the current model year bikes. We have them available for purchase on our accessories page.
Note 2: Early Orders of forks will not include frame bumpers as they are back ordered currently. Bumpers from stock forks will work until we can provide the included bumpers at a later date.